Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Snowflakes



A few weeks ago we were in Sayulita, Mexico, which was a dreamy little corner of the world I could easily call home.  Crumbling cobblestone roads cutting through rivers, with wild horses wandering aimlessly and giant green geckos lingering in trees.  The sun shone bright and hot for days above, us lounging on beaches listening to waves crashing on the cliff sides nearby.  I have to admit that I was sad to come home, sad to leave our new friends, and the relaxed vibe of this wonderfully lazy town.  I wasn’t prepared for the cold (both kinds of cold) that would gradually hit me here, back at home.

But maybe this is why I’ve found myself in such a wonderful Christmas spirit this year.  I was able to slow down for a while and take in life as it happened, and the feeling has remained even now.  So this morning I felt pure joy when I walked out into the chilly air, and into a swirl of fluffy snowflakes, falling down from the grey sky above.  If it weren’t for the fact that I live in a construction site, I would have continued to walk looking upwards, trusting my feet to land where they should.  This year, I want the snow!


No comments: