Sunday, May 15, 2011

Let's Take a Connected Little Walk


The pictures are the walk, and the connection is the words.  
These photos were taken on an actual little walk Shayne and I took last week in search of photo shoot locations.


A few weeks ago I was online, randomly reading blogs.  I came across a link to something called "balancing your dosha" Hmmmm I had never even heard of a dosha before, so I clicked on it.

Wikipedia: dosha is one of three bodily humors that make up one's constitution according to Ayurveda. These teachings are also known as the Tridosha system.


The central concept of Ayurvedic medicine is the theory that health exists when there is a balance between three fundamental bodily humours or doshas called Vata, Pitta and Kapha.


I took a little quiz to see what the balance of my dosha was looking like.  I found that I'm right down the centre between an unbalanced Kapha / Pitta


I found it interesting, but shelved it in the back of my mind, and pretty much forgot about it.  Last week, I decided to finally go to the walk in clinic to see what this strange little rash I've been sporting might be.  The doc said not to be concerned, that it looked like "pitta rosacea" and should go away within the week.  While I was there, I took the time to explain the abdominal pain & discomfort I've been feeling as well.  They did a few blood tests to make sure it wasn't anything serious, and turns out it's not (as I never heard back)


As I was walking home, I couldn't help but wonder why the word "pitta" sounded so familiar (as I said, I had forgotten about all this dosha business)  So I googled pitta rosacea when I got home, and the first thing that popped up was that Chopra quiz I had done a few weeks earlier.


I went back to the info I had saved, and re-read what it had said the symptoms of unbalanced kapha / pitta were, and I found it to be strangely connected:

Out of balance Kapha leads to heaviness, sluggishness and congestion. Stimulation and movement help overcome the resistance of accumulated Kapha. Think activation and invigoration.

Out of balance Pitta leads to irritability, aggravation, and inflammation. Balancing Pitta requires opening up some space during your day so you are not perpetually generating friction. Think soothing and cooling.



Strange how the two complaints I had for the doctor directly mirrored the two unbalanced doshas I was experiencing... Seems things just may be connected after all.




 So many signs of life back here in this abandoned lot...kind of creepy!


Location for our accordion shoot! 








No comments: