Monday, May 23, 2011

Hula Times!


Melodie of Movement by Shayne Gray
For more of this shoot, click here.

Last week, Shayne and I met up with Melodie Moore, the amazing hoop dancer known as Melodie of Movement, for a photo session.  Shayne and Melodie had connected online a few weeks before that, and had arranged the meeting.  The cherry blossoms were in full bloom, and what could possibly be a better backdrop for some awesome shots?

What I wasn't expecting, was to be completely taken by the hula hooping myself!  Such a wonderful way to enjoy the outdoors, and a way to meet people too as everyone wanted to watch, try or chat about the hoops.  By the time we left the park, I had met a few new people and found out that there are hoop jams happening all over town for anyone to join!

I was convinced, and instantly hooked, and was just waiting for a sunny day to get myself to Kensington market to buy myself my own hula hoop.  Yesterday was finally a sunny warm day, so we jumped at the chance for a jaunt in the market.  I spent the rest of the day on my front patio, hooping away to some tunes.

What a nice way to begin the summer! Though today I'm recovering from all the bumps and bruises incurred from the fun!