Sunday, March 13, 2011

Waiting for More Rain


Springtime is so close! I actually want more rain now to wash away the pretty white snow (that I wished for months ago) I want high park and the beach and the lake (which unfortunately we can't swim in) and patios and evening walks surrounded by the sound of crickets.


As lethargic as I've been feeling, I do want to make some plans to make the ol' life a better one heading into the summer. This winter was a whirlwind of new activities for me (singing lessons, cello performance, indie film crew volunteering, first house purchasing) and I want to build on these things. I'm realizing how nice it can be to have a full schedule because it forces me out there, even when I'm feeling less inclined to leave the warm comfort of home.


Yoga would be nice. Building up better relationships with my good friends (and also a couple old friends I haven't seen in years) Writing more (of course), possibly finding the time to take cello lessons (although that would be a lot of practice time between that and singing lessons). I've come up with a personal four week spiritual cleanse idea that I just need to design a bit better for myself.


Sadly this year, I don't believe there will be too many trips taken, as the money I make will be going into the new house. However, I have come up with the idea to finally take myself up on my wishes, and spend a week or two (during my summer vacation) up north working and living at the beautiful organic bakery in Lion's Head. I love baking and I'm craving nature, so they seem to go hand in hand.


These are just a few fun shots that Shayne and I did yesterday afternoon. Ok I had nothing to do with them, I just stood there with an umbrella! All genius is his.

No comments: