Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fashion, Fashion?


I am not a fashionable person. At all. I know a few people who would strongly argue otherwise, but I tend to disagree with them. I know I fall prey to the same things that others do, those mornings when you assess absolutely everything in your room, and you realize that nothing is worth wearing. Seriously, this is so true! My entire life I always want to 'update my wardrobe' but I don't, because I have enough already, and I really think there are more important things then fashion, like, saving money, and understanding that fashion is ridiculously petty and unimportant.


But then there are days like today when I want to throw absolutely every last stitch of clothing into numerous cardboard boxes and ship them to my favourite charity. And then yes, start from scratch. Alas, this costs money. Not the shipping off to charity part, but the re-clothing myself part.

Then I sink back into the 'oh it's pointless, my clothes do the trick just fine' state and walk out of the house like this again. Oh how filled with effort it must be to be effortless!

And we don't want complete nakedness, do we?


No comments: