Monday, July 12, 2010

I Must Have Something to Look Forward To


Today is Monday, just entering my last week of summer vacation. It's disheartening, but I still have an entire week, and summer will certainly not be over! I am the kind of person who needs something to look forward to, all the time. It give me a better sense of purpose, and a better sense of drive.

So far this summer has been insanely amazing with great weather, cottages, night swims in cool lakes, rooftop BBQs and drinks on patios all over the place. BUT there are even more wonderful things around the bend!

Next weekend brings a girls' weekend in Niagara to celebrate Michelle's upcoming wedding (also a great thing about this summer!) August brings not only the wedding, but two camping trips, one being on a secluded island we have to canoe to. I'm already bursting about that one.

And the most exciting thing (that I'm honestly having difficultly containing right now) is rounding out the summer living HERE!!!


I use the term 'living' very lightly of course, as we'll only be here for one week, but what a way to end the summer! To say I can't wait is the biggest understatement, though I hate wishing time away too quickly, so I'll relax and sit on it calmly. September I'm flying back to Cuba, but this time: no resorts! Home-base will be this gorgeous, 100 year old colonial palace in Old Havana, once a resting place for Al Capone.


Spotty electricity, bad plumbing and lifts that aren't for the faint of heart are in my dreams right now. Yes, I actually want these things. I like luxury, but I don't require it, and for this trip, I want to see Havana properly, and I'm already laughing at the prospects of a shower that showers the bathroom more then myself. To wake up in the morning to the classical music and steady counts coming from the ballet school next door, and look out over town to the water in the distance. Bring it on, right now please!

No comments: