Tuesday, December 1, 2009


Let us be grateful to people
who make us happy:

They are the charming gardeners
who make our souls blossom.

- Marcel Proust (1871 - 1922)

I so love this dress!
If it could be warm sunny days always, and I could wear a dress like this, no, this dress, then I would be a happy girl!

The streets have been decorated with glowing blinking lights. I love this time of year, though this year in particular has been an odd one so far. The temperature has yet to fall below zero, and the snow has yet to fall. It seems we are living a Florida winter. As I was walking home from the laundry mat tonight, laden down with bags and bags of damp clothes, I thought to myself, how I wish I had my camera. Though, I know my camera won't capture things like outdoor lights in the dark.

On top of all the colour and light (and full size Mary & Josephs) a full moon was hanging in the sky, surrounded by those eerie beautiful spotlights which seem to come from nowhere. Really, does anyone know quite where these lights come from?

This year, there shall be two of them sitting here!
The tides have turned and Simon has decided he loves Poppy and just wants to play. However, Poppy has decided she hates Simon, and wishes he'd just go away!


Well hello there!

Determination...in a nutshell.

No comments: