Sunday, December 20, 2009

I Found Him!

As you know, I have been working on my "Cat's Conundrums" painting series for a long time now. A little, personal project which began about 5 years ago on a Saturday afternoon in the cherished Ossington Apartment, became a growing series. Many friends' walls now display a cat and his conundrum. In fact, I've even been commissioned to paint specific cats with specific conundrums as gifts!

A question I'm always asked is, "Are these paintings based on your own cat?" In personality, he is. Alas, my cat Simon is black, and the reason I didn't use him as my subject is simply that it is difficult to paint definition in black. So I opted for grey instead.

The other day, I randomly found a picture of a cat on the interwebs, who could very well be the one and only conundrum cat! Part of me wanted to adopt the little guy for this very reason!





No comments: