Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Christmas Post!

My Christmas lights are officially up, and I must say it makes my little livingroom much more festive!


Merry Merry Christmas!
Honestly, this is one of my favourite times of year. I love the snow, I love the Christmas music on the radio (which I only listen to when Shayne isn't around!) I love the lights and decorations, I love wrapping presents (while watching Bridget Jones...my personal holiday tradition...and something else I only do when Shayne isn't around) Hmmmm Shayne isn't around today, I think I know what I'll be doing!

Last weekend, my lovely friends threw me a lovely little surprise party for my birthday! The plan was to meet at Gate 403 for some live music, but Jerry insisted I stop by his place first to get my present. My present turned out to be Shayne, Tess & Daniel jumping out of Jerry's bedroom yelling "surprise!" and a hot, freshly prepared dinner on the stove! It made me so happy, and was the most wonderful surprise.

But what is a surprise 31st birthday party / Christmas Cozy Gathering without the following things:

Wine in a mug. Stemware is overrated.



Reading stories like Moby Dick with friends around a raging, crackling TV fireplace!


A giant ogre....

Making sure that giant ogre is good and dead...with a previous birthdays surprise, authentic battleaxe (Jerry's prized possession)


A little girlish posing...


A little boyish posing....





Serious mirror shots.

Some dancing....

Some tea towel limbo....

And of course, who can enjoy a Christmas gathering without a shot-gun wielding Jerry, and a chain-saw wielding Tess?!



I love you all!!

The following evening, I decided to have a few close friends over to try out my own little holiday baking party, inspired by Christine! (who knows how to do it up like a pro!)

As we were elbow deep in cookie batter, and watching "A Christmas Story" in the kitchen, I completely forgot to take pictures. However, Jerry was armed with his camera for the gingerbread house building.








Below is what the gingerbread house was meant to look like:

And here is how it turned out! Much better I'd say hahaha!





No comments: