Monday, October 12, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa's Place

I still miss their old house so much, even though it has been gone for a few years now. They have recreated the house in their condo though. Everything they own holds so much nostalgia for me because these items have been around since before I was. Some items of particular nostalgia:


When I was a kid, I used to drape myself in costume jewellery pillaged from this jewellery box.


Playing UNO with Grandma and Craig at this table on March break. The chairs were floral green leather then though.

This painting at the top of their stairs.

This painting at the bottom of the stairs, above all the photo albums.

This painting in the lower livingroom, so cold in that room. I used to look at this guy as I sat in front of the space heater, watching Mr. Dressup.

This painting was in the front hall.

This one above the striped couch in the livingroom.

We were there at the condo yesterday for thanksgiving dinner, I love that they still put out these salt and pepper shakers every time we have a meal there.
Hiking with the folks too...



No comments: