Monday, June 8, 2009

See That Girl!!

I have "Dancing Queen" permanently lodged in my head...but that isn't a bad thing! This weekend, Shayne and Sean spent a lot of time recording /rehearsing for the demo / show next weekend. Their cover of Dancing Queen is my absolute favourite, its so fun (and hilarious that a couple of cool dudes are performing that song) Check them out: Etchings in the Dead Wax book launch at Leslie Jones Cafe! I think it will be a perfect little venue / atmosphere for them.


Yesterday afternoon I checked out the first of the Music in the Orchard shows at Spadina House which was beautiful. As Tess said, it felt like we'd had a massage! It was so relaxing. Beautiful sunny, breezy day, blankets spread out on the grass under the trees surrounded by orchards, gardens and greenhouses. The music wasn't the best I've heard, but I certainly didn't care about that, the atmosphere made up for it, and it was a wonderful way to pass the afternoon. I am definitely planning on going again next Sunday with a blanket, some wine and a book to read. I really can't think of a nicer way to spend an hour on Sunday afternoon then reading under the trees with some live music.

Afterwards, hung out in Shayne's backyard with John and some neighborhood cats and tried to come up with landscaping ideas. That house is going to be stunning when John is finished with it. Bike riding, grocery store, cooking, pizza and "Ghost Town" (cute movie) and now back to Monday!









No comments: