Thursday, May 21, 2009

Creativity in the Kitchen

Normally, I'm terrible in the kitchen. I can't cook. But sometimes I astound myself. My fridge still hasn't given up the goods (meaning, it hasn't filled itself yet) so I just made up a dinner of what I had in there:
- a frozen pizza crust
- some frozen shrimp
- half a jar of roasted red peppers
- half a plastic container of assorted olives

That is basically all I had going on in there, other then some Del Monte apple sauce cups that Evaldas left here in November, and a can of tonic. So, I give you...a jambalaya pizza (minus chesse because I don't have any of that)

Spread some olive oil on the crust, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Then throw on some chopped up roasted peppers (outta the jar) and some chopped up olives (took forever to chop as they have pits)


Fry up some frozen "Our Compliments" shrimp in some butter with a dash of curry powder (mmmm curry butter, imagine how proud I am of myself!)

Throw the shrimps on the pizza, and throw 'er in the oven for 10 minutes.



*Serve with red wine.
You're welcome!

No comments: