i stumbled upon some old cassette tapes this week...hilarity. my recorded love letter to leonardo dicaprio (oh god why?). this was a venture with lindsay-anne and michelle when we were 13 yeras old. leo was on "growing pains" and us gals were mad for him. but we thought, why just write a letter? we busted out the mini boom box and recorded our genius (including our phone numbers/addresses in case he wanted to contact us, a physical description of what we looked like "i have a red face...", our own rendition of "bohemian rhapsody", our own song "i farted", and some amazing pieces on the piano with extra sustain pedal added. i mean, how could leonardo dicaprio possible resist a 13 year old girl with a red face serenading him with a song about flatulence? anyhow, turns out we never did mail him the tape, so i still have it, and let me tell you, its genius.
and so, to continue starting the year off right, i'm heading to new york city in 5 days! never been before, and luckily got a place in soho on a friend's recommendation (thanks drew!!)
lots of goals for the year (not resolutions, just goals i'd like to see myself accomplish...turning 30 is also a good incentive)
- get a new therapist (this is a big one for an anxiety wreck like me - my last one was a kook)
- design my own website to properly start showcasing me me me
- learn more about finances
- spend a lot more time with my cello
- go back to school (oh wait...this one is already done...i start on tuesday!)
- sell some paintings! (this means i have to get working!)
howling wolf tree!!!